Friday, October 3, 2014

Cheesy Stuffed Meatloaf...!!!

Bonjour Foodies,

This meal was so good. I mean I really, really loved it. The meatloaf was different from anything I've ever had before. It had cheese and ketchup in it which was just bizarre.  I think next time I'll leave out the ketchup mix in. I think I would of enjoyed it more if it was only included as a glaze for the top. But everything else that made this meatloaf amazing was delightful. This recipe is not mine and I did not come up with it. I got it from fellow blogger, Joyously Domestic. I just switched it up a bit and did things a little different to make it my own.

Yummy
Cheesy Stuffed Meatloaf

This recipe makes about six to eight servings.

Ingredients:

2 pounds of ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup saltines, crushed
2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
1 small onion, minced
1/4 green pepper,  chopped thin
Salt and Pepper to taste, I used 1/2 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
A pinch of dried herbs, I used Italian seasoning
Cheese, I used shredded Mozzarella, shredded Sharp Cheddar, and shredded Colby Jack.

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Then combine all the ingredients except the cheese in a large mixing bowl. 

2. Divide the meatloaf mixture in half and spread half of it out into the bottom of the loaf pan. Lay down a layer of cheese, any cheese you wish to use. I used mozzarella, cobly jack, and sharp cheddar. Spread out the other half of the meat mixture on top of the cheese being super careful not to disrupt the cheese too much. Then proceed to use a rubber spatula(I used a wooden one) to close push the meat together while also making sure that no cheese is visible.

3. Squirt some ketchup on top and spread it out evenly. Bake for one hour in the oven uncovered. Allow the meatloaf five minutes to rest before slicing and serving.


Cheesy Stuffed Meatloaf   



So my boyfriend just told me today that he really didn't like the meatloaf. He said he just isn't a meatloaf person, which is sad. I love meatloaf. It's so amazing. I'm gonna make it my goal in life to find a meatloaf he loves.









No comments:

Post a Comment