Saturday, October 11, 2014

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Vanilla Butter Cream Icing...!!!

Bonjour Foodies,

I made some awesome cupcakes for my little sisters birthday. I decided that they turned out so well that I wanted to share them with you. Now the first time I made this recipe, I made it as a cake and honestly it wasn't all that great. It had this strong chocolate taste that was pretty terrible.

Ingredients:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising)
1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk (room temperature)
2 tsp. distilled white vinegar
1 tsp. baking soda

Directions:

1. Put cupcake cups into the cupcake pans.

2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a bowl. Beat butter at low speed until creamy. Add sugar, blend on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until fluffy, about three minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Scape bowl; add food coloring and vanilla.

3. On low speed, beat in flour mixture in thirds, alternating buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. (I did this step only with the flour but not the buttermilk). In small bowl, stir together vinegar and baking soda. Stir into batter. Divide batter between prepared cupcake pans.

4.. Bake until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean, twenty-five to thirty minutes. Cool in pans ten minutes. Cool cupcakes on rack until ready to be frosted.

I really loved these cupcakes. I think it was amazing. I loved it. I hope you all get to try it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment