Thursday, October 23, 2014

Gardening Season is Coming to a Close...!!!

Bonjour Foodies,

I started Gardening earlier this Spring. I was sadly a late bloomer in this new found hobby of mine and now winter fast approaches. I'm so sad to see the gardening season go away so soon. I have a boat load of things I must do to prepare my garden for the coming spring. I also want to start composting to build better soil for my garden bed. I planted some herb seeds for my indoor herb garden a few days ago to keep the harvest going.

I grew my very own pumpkin patch in one of my raised garden beds. Something has been eating one of my pumpkins. I'm so disappointed. I wanted to use these pumpkin for carving for Halloween but they have yet to change color. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if that's just normal. I think next year I'm gonna skip the pumpkin patch.

It's so sad. My garden is decaying as the fall season rolls in. It makes me sad to see all my produce start to die. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that next season I have more experience and have a better plan of what I want to grow and what I want to try to grow. I can't wait to get started but first I need to draw out my garden bed. I must make plans on what I'm growing and what I'm not.

Thankfully cooking and baking will be able to fill the void until the Spring.






No comments:

Post a Comment