Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Salty Saloon - Salt is the Enemy #1...!!!

Bonjour Foodies,

Salt can be a wonderful thing. It help bring out the flavor in foods that sometimes taste bland. It also enhances the foods natural flavor. Salt however can also be a very bad thing. Too much of it and it can cause some serious increase of your bodies natural salt intake. Most foods already have salt built in, so the need to add more isn't necessary. But I am one who likes to sprinkle some  on food, especially mashed potatoes. I think mashed potatoes taste better with salt. I need to break this habit I really do. I am currently working on revamping myself to be a better me for a better tomorrow. I'm slowly working in making it less of a thing for myself. I encourage others to do the same. It will be hard but it will be worth it in the end.

I think it would be helpful to season food well. That way there is enough flavor from the spices that salt doesn't make a play on food. Then the consumer won't have to worry if they are eating too much salt or not. I believe in a healthier you for tomorrow. My theory is that once salt is cut from the diet, you will be able to move on and cut other things as well. Some of the things I need to cut are junk food like ice cream and chocolate. I am particular to anything sweet. I have a major sweet tooth. I always have, ever since I was young. I think that cutting those things from my diet will help me loose weight and feel better about my body, my health, and myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment