Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Walking in my Garden...!!!

Bonjour Foodies,



I wanted to share my garden with all of you. I decided last winter that this year I would plant my first garden. I would like to say I was most successful. The only problem I came across was not putting some plants out soon enough.


So these plants right here are my banana peppers, a cucumber plant, a tomato plant, and some marigolds. This was my first start at growing flowers and vegetables outside.
This is my bigger garden. It is in a raised garden bed made from cedar wood. I purchased the bed from Home Depot's online website. I have tomatoes plants, some cucumber plants, some green pepper plants, marigolds, and two pumpkin plants. All these plants have at least doubled in size since these pictures were taken. I am very proud of my little garden. It has been very successful. I have harvested some of the plants to use in my own recipes. There is nothing better than to have a garden to provide fresh ingredients for recipes. I rather enjoy gardening. It is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I'm glad I decided to try it. 

Also look to the future for me more garden news. I am expecting to have some very nice pumpkins before Halloween arrives next month. I also am looking forward to having two garlic plants next spring. I will keep you all posted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment