Tuesday, September 23, 2014

One Skillet Lasagna - Two Words - Yummy...!!!

Bonjour Foodies,

Tonight for dinner, I put my hands to work and created a very delicious one skillet lasagna. I found the recipe online from Taste of Homes. I really enjoyed this recipe. I tried to cut back on the cottage cheese that this recipe calls for because I've never been a huge fan. I hope you all try this one for yourselves. Next time I think I want to try adding spinach and ground turkey to make it a more healthy meal.

Cheesy, Gooey, Lasagna


One Skillet Lasagna 

This recipe makes about six servings. 

Ingredients: 

3/4 pound ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic, don't drain. 
2 jars(14 each) spaghetti sauce
2/3 cup condensed cream of onion soup, I used cream of mushroom because I couldn't find cream of onion where I live. 
2 eggs lightly beaten
1-1/4 cups 1% cottage cheese
3/4 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, you can either purchase from a store or make your own. I purchased from the store.
9 no-cook lasagna noodles
1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese
1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella Cheese

Instructions:
1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and the minced garlic over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the can of tomatoes and spaghetti sauce;heat through. Then transfer into a large bowl.

2. In a small bow, then combine the cream of mushroom soup, the cottage cheese, the Italian season, and eggs until mixed well. The mixture will be very gross looking.

 

3. Add one cup of the meat sauce to skillet; spread even. Layer with cottage cheese mixture, I used a small amount, then 1 to 1/2 cups of meat sauce and half the noodles. Break the noodles if they don't fit. Repeat the process, layer the cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and noodles. Top with the remaining meat sauce. Bring the lasagna to a boil. Then reduce the heat; cover and cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until the noodles are tender.

4. Remove the lasagna from the heat and cover with cheese and lid. Let cool for 2 minutes, waiting until the cheese is melted. Then serve.

This meas was so good. I can't wait to make it again and change it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment