Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tips for a Heathier You...!!!

Bonjour Foodies,

I just wanted to give everyone some of the tips I follow when it comes to trying to be healthy. This includes exercising everyday and finding ways to improve upon the food you eat. I struggle with eating good, healthy food. I always seems to fall victim to my temptation of chocolate or sweet goodies.  I also have a problem that once I start eating bad food, I can't stop myself. So here is what I'm doing to stay fit and eat well.

Tips for a Better You...

1. Workout - Do this everyday when time permits. Right now, I jog three nights a week, do squats three to four nights a week, do crunches or sit-ups at least three nights a week, and yoga twice a week. I am trying to just get back into a workout plan. This is where I am starting because I think its a good place for me.

2. Eat Better - Keep a Food Journal and write down all the food I eat everyday. I found it is easier to have an app on my phone that allows me to input my food intake. The app also acts as a calorie counter and lets me keep a goal for my calories.

3. Improve - Write down how to improve workouts and food intake. Find a woman with a similar body type to my own. I have the type of body that once it starts to gain weight, it is very hard to loose that weight. I have to workout much harder than most people in order to loose weight. My body role model would have to be Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez, and Demi Lovato. Now keep in mind, that these women's bodies might not be exactly like mine but we all have the same type of body.

4. Healthy Food - Keep a list of groceries that I think are healthy. For example, honey wheat bread is better for you than white bread.

5. Money - Be smart about money and try to save. Don't splurge on unhealthy choices.

6. Limit - Try to keep junk food and fast food out of the picture. If you must have it, then try to get the healthiest thing on the menu. Salads and chicken wraps are my go to when it comes to fast food.

I hope this helps others. Its hard to do all this at once, so you have to really work at it to find a balance that fits into your lifestyle.




No comments:

Post a Comment