Sunday, September 14, 2014

My Famous Shepherd's Pie...!!!

Bonjour Foodies,

So this is one of my and my boyfriend's family favorite recipes. We all love this amazing dish and I am excited to share it with all of you. I also usually go off of the main recipe and add a few touches here and there to make it more personal. 

This recipe makes about 6 to 8 servings or more

Ingredients: 

2-3 Ibs of Lean Ground Beef
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Onion, chopped
1 bag of Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1-2 cups of Vegetables, frozen
5 Ibs of Red Potatoes 
8 Tablespoons of butter or 1 Stick of Butter
1/2 cup of Beef Stock
1 Teaspoon of Worcestershire Sause
Salt and Pepper and Other Seasonings of your Choice

Recipe 

1. I always start this meal by washing the red potatoes and cutting them into quarters. Then I fill a pot with water, add a few pinches of salt, and boil the potatoes until tender. This takes about 20 minutes. I can tell by poking the potatoes with a fork to see if they are ready to be drained. 

2. While the potatoes are cooking, I melt 4 Tablespoons of butter(1/2 a stick) in a frying pan. 

3. I then saute the onion and garlic over medium heat until they are tender, about 10 minutes. If you are adding vegetables, add them according to the cooking time. 


4. I usually add the beef and cook it until it is no longer pink. Then I drain the excess fat off, after I put the meat back into the frying pan. I add the beef broth and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. I sprinkle on the salt an pepper. Then add the Worcestershire sauce and more beef broth to keep it moist. 

5. I precede to mash the red potatoes, adding the remaining butter and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon out the mashed potatoes on top top of the meat in an oven safe dish. Add cheese on top of the Mashed potatoes to add some color to this dish. 


6. Cook at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until lightly brown. 





No comments:

Post a Comment