Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Shepherd Pie Stuffed Baked Red Potatoes...!!!

Bonjour Foodies,

                                                Ingredients:

 
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup of beef stock
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small chopped onion
1 bag of mixed frozen veggies
1 bag of three cheese mix, shredded
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon of A1 sauce
5 pounds of red potatoes
8 tablespoons of butter or 1 stick of butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
A dash of ground garlic powder to taste




Recipe:

1. Peel, wash, and cut into the fourths the red potatoes. I set two of them aside to make the baked potatoes. Fill a pot with water, add some salt to help start the boiling process, and throw in the potatoes into the water. Bring the water to a boil and let the potatoes cook until tender. This usually takes 15 to 20 minutes.

2. Next I saute the onions in olive oil until tender. I then add the ground beef and cook it until it is no longer pink. I drain the excess fat from the beef and put it back into the pan. I add the beef broth, A1 sauce, and the Worcestershire sauce. Then prepare the potatoes to be mashed, adding the milk, salt, pepper, and butter as needed until you are satisfied with the texture and creaminess of your mashed potatoes. I like mine to be buttery.

3. I baked my potatoes in the microwave. The recipe called for them to be put in for ten minutes but I feel like that may have been almost too much time. The second one I put in for about six minutes and it seemed better. I believe I may have overcooked my baked potatoes so they weren't as good as I was hoping they would be. I dug the middle of the potato out with a spoon and created a nice little crater for my shepherds pie to be placed.

4. I put the shepherd's pie inside the baked potato and put mashed potatoes on top. I then put the rest of the meat in another glass baking dish and covered with the mashed potatoes. I put them in the oven for about 15 minutes and then pulled them out to add the cheese on top. I popped them back in the oven for another 15 minutes, which is probably why my baked potatoes were overcooked. I cooked them way too long. In my defense this was my first time making baked potatoes with something inside of them other than the potato itself.

5. I baked this dish at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.



I had a lot of fun making this dish. I hope you all try it. It tastes amazing and the cheese always add an extra boost of flavor. My boyfriend and I love cheese and this recipe brings that to the table every time we make it.









No comments:

Post a Comment